At some stage the school was transferred from the church to a small site in the church grounds. In 1883 the site for the present school was acquired under lease from the Earl of Bessbrorough who was the local landlord. A condition of the lease was that it would provide for the education of the landlord’s male tenants and “such other children as shall attend therein”. In the 1970’s a campaign was successfully carried out to prevent the school being reduced to one teacher status. Recent housing developments in the Grange area confirms Grange school as a central focus for the local community. The present School Principal is Ms. Maria O’Rourke.
- Our Parish